Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Tree 2012

I wanted something bright and cheerful this year. Last year our tree had a very specific color scheme (blue and green of course) and I covered it with paper snowflakes hand cut from antique sheet music. This year I decided to show off my collection of antique glass christmas balls. I love the antique glass balls because their colors fade to such pretty tones. Everyone is slightly different and you get a much broader spectrum of color than with new Christmas balls. I snag them every time I see them at a tagsale or flea market, usually for a couple bucks per dozen. We choose a slightly smaller tree this year, with a more traditional shape. Colored lights, colored balls, and that's it. It's pretty cute in person. Pictures below, and Happy Holidays!







No comments:

Post a Comment