Sunday, April 2, 2017

A Weensy Walnut Dresser in White

Everything is white right now. Seventy four million requests for white- all in a row. And then I go out and pick up a new MAGNIFICENT hutch tonight off craigslist- solid mahogany, and on the long drive home I'm thinking about what I should paint it- and all I can think is, white? Definitely white. Clearly I've caught the fever too.
        I'm not sure I could love this piece any more in any other color. It's a late 19th century solid walnut petite chest. I actually have a nearly identical one in my master bedroom. It's a lovely little piece, and the drawers work nicely on it. The client wanted light and bright- so I used just a clear coat on the top- and just like the Art Deco walnut sideboard I just showed you- it pulled pretty dark. But oh so delicious. The white and the gentle distressing bring the details of the applied moldings out so nicely, and contrast perfectly with the top.






No comments:

Post a Comment