Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Peacock Blue For Sure

I picked up a wonderful antique tall chest a few weeks ago. I'd first spotted it at auction, but got cold feet and balked. Luckily, my furniture guy was there too, and snagged it regardless of my temporary insanity. It's curved framed screams art deco, but the stunning original solid brass hardware has an earthy arts and crafts movement sensibility that dates this piece to right around 1915. All the drawer fronts have chamfered edges, all the original hardware holes have inserted threaded holes, and this thing is built like a tank. This was not a cheap piece of furniture when it was made. In fact, I was so struck by the quality of the brass hardware that I polished every pull and post by hand. This piece was custom refinished for a client who opted for a bold teal called Peacock Blue by Benjamin Moore. I adore the color, and no matter where I put this piece in my workshop, it looked strikingly beautiful with every other painted piece- green, yellow, orange, or red.











No comments:

Post a Comment