Monday, September 15, 2014

Flea Market Finds and New Acquisitions

It certainly felt like Autumn yesterday when I got up at the crack of dawn for the flea market. I donned my brand new spicy orange scarf, boots, and a wool blazer because it was so chilly! It was a fantastic market, though, and I picked up lots of fun stuff. Here's what I got at the flea market, and various other places throughout the last week. Happy Monday!!
I bought 21 of these vintage bentwood cafe chairs. They're solid oak and I love their lines

Be still my heart. This antique tiger oak dining table is so fabulous.

Vintage pine bench, vintage sign, pretty antique gilt mirror.

Adorable little pine cupboard

This is a project a pal dropped off. Look at the state of the veneer! Let's see what we can do with it!

This vintage pine sideboard weighs approximately 9 tons.

Groovy vintage handmade pine corner shelf.

Beautiful artwork by Susan Williams. Going to hang this one with other work by her in my upstairs hallway

I'm going to re-do the text on the sign. The form is similar to those made in Connecticut right around 1800. I'm thinking of writing something cheeky, but I haven't decided what yet.

Collection of antique stoneware and one of those funny wire things that you need to make pie crust. Realized last week when I went to make pie that I didn't have one.

Huge antique round mirror.

A whole group of sun flower art by the insanely talented Susan Williams

A marines cape by Susan Williams

Close up of the big antique gilt mirror. This is going to my little sister as I'm helping her to furnish her new place.
Yay Erin!

3 comments:

  1. I love your work. I'll keep my eye out for those chairs. Could definitely use some more around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/18/2014

    Would you be willing to sell 5 of the bentwood cafe chairs refinished in white paint with new upholstery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course! Shoot me an email at kateaverydesign@yahoo.com and we can discuss it further :-)

      Delete