Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A Vintage Maple Dresser in Yellow

Ready for a fall preview? I am! Pottery Barn put out their Halloween sneak peek this week, and I've already poured through page after page of pumpkin-y goodness. I've got three candles burning on my desk right now: Caramel Apple, Rustic Apple, and Farmhouse Pumpkin, and I'm already dreaming of sweater shopping. It'll be fall before we know it, which is fine by me.

              I picked up this sweet vintage maple dresser at the flea market on Sunday morning and set to work on it right away. It's quite a large piece, both tall and wide, and offers considerable storage in its big deep drawers. For me its greatest charm is in the oversized bracket feet, they're sweet as can be! Often these mid 20th century dressers have smaller, plainer ogee feet, so these bracket feet are a standout- handsome and playful. And with that playful theme in mind, I painted the case in a warm medium yellow, not as bold as a mustard, not as simple as a butter. I kept the original turned drawer pulls, and refinished the top in a classic english chestnut shade. The entire piece is rock maple throughout and not surprisingly and it's nice and solid.






No comments:

Post a Comment