Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Going Coastal

Summer is fully upon us and it's time to add fun and playful touches to your home to lighten the mood. Every year around this time I always want to add nautical and coastal details, rich deep colors, ship portraits, old glass, and the like. Here are some elements and ideas from my own collection and other design sources to get the look!

A moody portrait of crashing waves helps to anchor this nautical sitting room.
via

I absolutely love this print.
via

Not too fussy, not too thematic, the perfect nautical balance in wood, white, and deep blue.
via

I'm not sure goldfish and sea turtles generally share the same ecosystem,
 but they're certainly sweet sharing this pillow cover.
via

Go whole hog and sleep in a dingy... lol
via

Just as smart and crisp as you could ever wish for, this antique chair is breathtaking in bold wide stripes.
via

With the feeling of a hidden space assembled purely from objects salvaged from the shore, this seating area is equal parts mysterious and alluring.
via


A spectacular antique ship models sign from my own collection.

A wonderful modern spin on 19th century transfer ware fish platters.
via

an encompassing cloud of pale gray on floor, wall, stairs, and ceiling gives this entryway fresh ethereal feel.
via

One of my favorite paintings, I bought this piece for $10 years ago at a little antique shop.

And this antique print was a gift from my parents.

and finally, the best chandelier EVER.
via

No comments:

Post a Comment