Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A Vintage Maple Server

This funny little cupboard was brought to me by my furniture picker, along with a large group of auction finds. He wasn't sure if it was a piece I would like or not, and honestly, I was on the fence about it too. The price was right, though, so I thought I'd give it a chance. I ignored it for a week while I worked on more exciting projects, and didn't really take a good look at it until Saturday. I was pleased to discover that under that hideous blue paint it was solid maple, and made by Pennsylvania House. I decided to work with the pre-existing paint, as it was well applied and was not coming off by hook or by crook. I painted the piece in a richer deeper hue of teal, and then distressed it so the earlier blue paint would peek through. SO happy with the result. I added a pine top as the existing top was cropped too close, in my opinion, and gave the server a stunted feel. Finally, I swapped out the drawer pulls for burnished copper ones that compliment the teal.
I love it. I think you'll love it too :-)












Cross Posted with:


4 comments:

  1. Ohmigosh! I LOVE this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful piece. I like it with the green accent decor too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh pretty! What a great shade of blue. And it looks so good with the fresh pops of green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this still available and if so what are the dimensions.

    ReplyDelete