Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Charm of Bentwood Chairs

I don't know about you, but bentwood chairs always put me in the mind of morning coffee at a bistro. They have this amazingly quirky yet exotic charm that makes them perfect in so many different styles of decor.
      Last week I did a post on sunshine yellow and one of the rooms I featured had the coolest yellow bentwood armchair at the end of the table. Looking at the picture I realized I really wanted one. As often is the way, I spotted one at the local run-down indoor flea market only two days later- for $10! I'm painting it my favorite shade of green, Benjamin Moore's Hyacinth, and putting it in the master bedroom. Here's my new chair project before paint, as well as a bunch of other pretty bentwood chairs.
It's a glorious day- the sun is shining, the birds are singing and the grass is starting to turn green. I love spring soooo much!
Here's the dining room set picture that originally caught my eye. You've got to admit, the bentwood chair in that unexpected shade of yellow is the best thing ever. 

Here's the antique one I picked up over the weekend. It's got two coats of paint on it as of today, and should be ready for photos tomorrow. 

This set of bentwood chairs in an oxblood color sets off the rustic bleached pine of the farm table perfectly.

One of my favorite bloggers has this fantastic set of chairs around her dining table. 

This is kind of how I'm planning to use my chair- just a nice little spot to sit or set things in the bedroom. 

This minimalist yet eclectic bedroom uses a pair of bentwood chairs as gorgeous sculptural nightstands. 

Such a spectacular coastal dining room here 

A sweet and playful little eating area here

A set of six bentwood chairs, each painted a different color, is so fun and fresh. 

Another take on the multi-color chair trend, here in an industrial/vintage inspired space. This is an absolutely breathtaking room! Love love love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment