Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Kitchen Island Before and After

I haven't done an antique sideboard to kitchen island conversion since July, so it was time to get cracking! I picked up this beautiful solid oak sideboard at a tag sale a few weeks ago. I added a barn board top with a generous overhang (for barstools!) and painted the base a fresh antique white. I was able to keep the gorgeous antique Chippendale style brass pulls. I think they work really well for the piece, grounding it a bit. I also added two matching solid oak barstools. The barn board top was sanded, stained English Chestnut, and then sealed so you can leave cold drinks, cocktails, hot cups of coffee etc on it worry free. The wrought iron brackets supporting the overhang are antique, found at the flea market. It's a nice rustic, one of a kind piece, perfect for the antique home kitchen, or the antique wannabe kitchen. This one's available on craigslist, so feel free to shoot me an email (kateaverydesign@yahoo.com or kathleenrounds27@yahoo.com) if you're interested!
Before and after pics below - and sorry about the before pics not having any drawers (I was already painting them). Hope you're all enjoying a wonderful Fall day. I have today off, so I'm getting lots and lots of furniture done!















No comments:

Post a Comment