Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Recent Projects





I've been a bit slowed by the shortened days and colder weather lately. I much much prefer to do my restoration work outside in the sun. I can see the finishes better, there is more room to move around a piece, and I don't end up powdering my basement with sawdust. Sadly, by the time I got home from work now it's totally dark. I've been forced to complete projects in my 'workshop' (half of the basement) and that greatly hinders my motivation. Despite this, I've completed a few projects to share with you. Do you remember the plate hutch and pair of side chairs I posted a few weeks ago? Well, I painted them my favorite soft bone white and here is the result! Very fresh and pretty! If I don't sell them on CL I may work them into my spring decor. They look so crisp and bright. Also- here is a drop leaf oak butcher block table that had been woefully neglected. With paint, and the usually treatment to the surface, we now have a fabulous little kitchen table. Add four refurbished vintage pine chairs and voila" eat-in kitchen set perfect for any chic cottage home
.
These, and the table came out of a basement in Putnam. They were structurally sound but ugly and dirty. high gloss black paint was just the ticket.

The table had been in a wet basement. Luckily, it dried out fine, and I knew it would turn out great. I sanded down the top, stain and poly...

And the result. A cute as a button dining set, perfect for an eat-in kitchen!

So I got these adorable chairs from a tagsale in Colchester. I really liked the black chippy paint, but I knew they would look even better with some fresh white paint.

I've had this piece for a while- got it at a tagsale, and used it for a little while. It needed freshening up.

I painted both Benjamin Moore's Cascada White, which is a soft dove gray. 

I have about ten other projects that I'm just putting the finishing touches on now- so I should be able to show you a bunch more before and afters by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment