Thursday, March 16, 2017

Two Dressers and a Desk

It occurs to me that I shared these pictures over on my Facebook page but didn't add them to the blog.  The desk and dresser pair came from the ReStore- c.1940, solid mahogany, made by the Hungerford furniture company. I was not at all sure I could save the tops, but they sanded up beautifully! I painted the cases in Benjamin Moore's Dark Basalt which is a fabulous murky shade of eggplant. Finally, I swapped the pulls out for smart brass knobs.
         The second dresser is solid maple c.1960. I can't remember where I got it, but I've had it for a while now and it was finally time to give it a fresh start. I refinished the top, replaced the clunky pulls with more brass knobs, and painted the case in a custom mixed shade of deep aqua.











No comments:

Post a Comment