Thursday, December 1, 2016

A Vintage Cherry Hutch in Buff

Two for one today! Like I said, we're gonna start December off with a bang!
        I purchased this cherry hutch a while ago but hadn't had a chance to refinish it as I was buried in custom work. This past weekend I finally got the chance to get it started.
         The hutch is mid 20th century, made by Temple Stuart, and 100% solid cherry. It's absolutely immaculate and really fantastically built. Cherry is always such a pleasure to work with. It's such rich and dense. I refinished the top with a mix of Ebony and Provincial minwax stain for warmth and a fairly dark tone without pulling the color all the way to red the way cherry tends to tilt.
         The case is another custom mixed shade named "Buff Vest" which I personally love love love. It's just the kind of color I put in my own home. The backboard is Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter. The drawer pulls are part of a big group I bought last summer. I recolor these four in a hammered nickel. I kept the original knobs but recolored them to match the new hardware. I distressed the case and sealed it with dark wax. Perfect for a farmhouse kitchen dining room, or entryway!







No comments:

Post a Comment