Saturday, December 26, 2015

An Antique Chestnut Server in Yellow

Crap. I know it's been over a week since the last time I posted. I'm sorry. I was working on a bunch of stuff at once, and some of it didn't get photographed, which means no posts for those projects. But never fear! I've got lots of new and wonderful things to share with you in the next few days.
      I purchased this sweet antique chestnut server at auction a little less than a week ago. I knew as soon as I saw it that I wanted it to be yellow. I was kind of relieved that no one requested it for custom refinishing since I was so determined to paint it in a sunny yellow. It's a fabulous little piece, in beautiful condition. I completely refinished the top, which had seen better days, but otherwise left it structurally the same. Just look at all the carving and detail work! The yellow is custom mixed- called 'Awakening', distressed, and waxed of course. The interior is in Benjamin Moore's Ashley Gray.










No comments:

Post a Comment