Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Goodwill Dresser gets a Fresh Look

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. This will almost certainly be my last post of 2014. It's been a wonderful year, the best ever, actually. Thank you so much for tagging along on this journey, you guys and gals are fantastic. 
        To end 2014 on a classy note, here's one of my favorite projects of the year, which I just happened to finish today! I picked this vintage rock maple dresser up at the Goodwill on Friday for $25. Hell of a bargain! It was in gorgeous shape but needed some serious updating. I sanded, stained, and sealed the top- just look at it- hubba hubba! I painted the case in a custom mixed color somewhere between teal and green, then gently distressed it and finished with a wax. The pulls are antique, salvaged from an early 20th century dresser I worked on a while ago. 
       






3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/30/2014

    I love that you did not paint the top. It is gorgeous...such a fantastic re-do. I just may do this to our maple furniture. Thanks for the inspiration.
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1/09/2015

    I guess you might call this color bottle green. So pretty and I adore the top. It looks so much prettier than the original. Awsome job.

    ReplyDelete