Friday, August 29, 2014

Maple Farmhouse Coffee Table Set

I have serious coffee table envy. I like this set waaaay better than my current set. Sadly, the pewter gray of this set just wouldn't go with the rest of my color scheme. I picked this coffee table set up at the flea market about two weeks ago. It was made by the Hammary Company, probably about 40 years ago, if I had to guess. It was it good shape, but so boring, so dated.
      As with most solid wood furniture from this period, the set had a hideous opaque surface on it that completely hid the wood underneath. I was pleased as punch when I sanded the tops to reveal the outstanding wood grain of the solid maple tops. So incredibly pretty! I custom mixed the paint color, which is a rich pewter gray, and swapped the ho-hum Chippendale drawer pulls out for antique turned wood knobs that I saved from a previous project. Oh, and I also removed the drop leaves on all three pieces, because drop leaves on a coffee table is as useful as an underwater grill.

This set is for sale, so let me know if you want measurements!

*before*

*after!*









No comments:

Post a Comment