Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A Vintage Bennington Pine Desk

Ooooooooo I love this desk. Every now and then I do I piece that I can't stop looking at once it's finished. I just stand back from it and stare, like a weirdo, but my it's a pretty desk! Carl the Furniture Guy brought me this a couple weeks ago and I got it for almost nothing, which gave me the flexibility to splurge a bit on the pulls. It's a spectacular solid pine oversized desk with chunky molding all over front and back made by the Bennington furniture company of Vermont around 1965. I painted it in a custom mixed blue called 'New Song', yanked off those heinous Chippendale pulls and put on pretty glass pulls, oversized to balance the scale of the desk. I sanded, stained, and sealed the top which is flawless and spectacular. It's in perfect condition and all ready for a new home!









1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/22/2015

    What are you putting on the top of your furniture?

    ReplyDelete