Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Guest Room in the Morning

When we bought our 1923 cottage in East Hampton, CT, it only had one floor of living space. There was a massive second floor with real stairs and lovely original pine floors, but nothing else up there. After four years we'd saved up enough to tackle the huge project of putting two bedrooms, a bathroom, a walk-in closet, and a long hallway up there. Before we added the upstairs, I was already hunting for a new house because living on just one floor ain't my jam. Now that the upstairs is finished, you'll have to pry this cottage from my cold dead hands.
         Anyway, the guest room is tucked under the eaves in the back of the house. It's a peaceful quiet space and perhaps the most perfect spot to sit and sip wine and read, especially on cold winter nights. This morning it was getting lovely sun so I grabbed my camera and snapped some new photos. My new (antique) secretary is up there now and I just adore it!!







I had to snap a shot of my little Toni taking advantage of a warm unmade bed on such a chilly morning, as well. 

And here's what the space looked like when we'd just started framing it out. We've come a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment