Friday, March 6, 2015

A Vintage Maple Desk in Spring Green

Carl the Furniture Guy snagged two desks and a secretary for me at auction on Tuesday. This is the first of the batch I've finished. It's a wonderful mid 20th century solid rock maple student desk. It was in excellent condition structurally, just had to re-glue one dovetail joint on a drawer. I sanded, stained, and sealed the top. Look at the wonderful strip of curly maple that runs through it- SO PRETTY! I painted the case in custom mixed bright green called Yorkshire Spring. I had it all but finished yesterday but I just felt like it was asking for a little more zip, so I did a decorative finish in stenciled silver on the drawer fronts. I then distressed all the painted surfaces and finished it with a dark wax.











No comments:

Post a Comment