Tuesday, March 31, 2015

An Antique China Hutch in Wedgwood Blue

         I picked up this stunning antique mahogany china hutch thanks to a tip from a blog reader last week. She had spotted it at the Bloomfield, CT ReStore and thought it would be right up my alley. She was very much correct. I wanted the piece as soon as I saw the picture she sent me, and drove up that very day in a rain storm to get it. Though I was in a bit of a rush to get home, as I had another appointment later in the day, I couldn't help but wander around the ReStore and admire all the other fantastic pieces of furniture they had for sale. So many potential candidates for refinishing!! You can find your local ReStore here.

         One of the first things to catch my eye upon unloading the china hutch was the magnificent antique drawer pulls, which remind me heavily of wedgwood pottery. Inspired by them, and fully intending to keep them on the piece, I painted the hutch in a custom mixed wedgwood blue and cream, distressed, and finished with a dark wax. It feels quite springy out today (thank goodness) and so I staged the hutch with bold hues of spring and flowers. I saw crocuses blooming last week, and I've got a daffodil coming up next to my house that's certain to blossom soon as well!











Cross Posted With: 



The Dedicated House

No comments:

Post a Comment