Monday, March 9, 2015

Antiquing on a Sunday

I can't remember the last time I took a real day off. That's the tricky part about owning your own business I suppose, there's no 'off' switch. Don't get me wrong, I'm hardly complaining, and it's fully my fault. I love what I do so very very much that the line between 'job' and 'hobby' is incredibly blurred.  Yesterday I had intended to take the entire day off and go antiquing, but I got a text message from a client hoping to see a desk, so I had to cut the day short and come home. That actually worked out well because once I was home I went on a spectacular run outside through beautiful East Hampton. I know there's still snow on the ground, but I can smell spring in the air!

The one antique shop I made it to yesterday is a large group shop called The Past Antiques Market. It's relatively new, built in the complex with the giant T-Rex on rt 85. (If you're from this area, you know where I mean).

I've shopped there several times and always find some nice smalls. Here's what I admired while I was there yesterday-


Loved the emerald green color on this vase.

Beautiful collection of vintage rolling pins

This bit of advertising ephemera was very cool

Some old chemical bottles. Would make great bud vases.

This guy startled the crap out of me

Well worn leather travel chest

Nice graphics on this vintage golf poster

Seriously considered these vintage boots


A giant stoneware vessel in watery shades of blue

Nice chipped incised handle on this chopper

Because you know how much I love my martinis

Stunning early 20th century vase

This doll is the stuff of nightmares

Beauty contest trophy from 1950. I like the color!

Wonderful chippy paint surface on this antique mirror.


Wonderful mid century glasses with flamingo motifs. So perfect for sipping cocktails by the tiki bar!

I find the paint surface on this highly suspect, still, it's pleasantly bold and graphic. 

Identical to a dresser I refinished a few weeks ago!

Nice antique metal case


Set of six amethyst drinking glasses

Sweet early child's chair

Stenciled bread box

Silver Flask. 

No comments:

Post a Comment