Wednesday, November 8, 2017

I Vote for Color

I try quite hard not to beat anyone over the head with the whole painted furniture thing, both literally and figuratively. Some people just love a house jammed with dark wood. I get that. Some people love pineapple on their pizza, it's weird, and probably not the best decision, but nor is it *my* decision. That's the beautiful thing about design, there is no right or wrong answer, just the answer that makes you, the homeowner (or apartment renter, or subletter, or guy living in a van down by the river) the happiest. Personally, classic forms in bold colors make me the happiest. It's truly such an excellent compromise- the quality of form and construction of a classic vintage piece, but the updated playful whimsy that suits a modern home. And every home needs some color. I'm counting down the days until the all white and gray joanna gaines fad finally kicks the bucket.
       In celebration of all things fun and colorful, here is an absolutely exceptional 100% solid cherry c.1965 buffet by Harden Furniture Company. I've painted it in a custom color, the exact shade of a bright and crisp November sky. The interior is a custom antique white, and I swapped the clunky lame Chippendale bat-wing pulls for sleek burnished copper cup pulls. I refinished the top, happy to rid the piece of that awful sticky red varnish, and stained it deeper, and far more towards brown.
I think this one's a winner for sure, and probably one of you should take it home!










No comments:

Post a Comment